Have you ever ordered a product from Amazon and been amazed at how fast it gets to you? Every day, Amazon engineers are relentlessly working to decrease the time between Click to Deliver for your products. The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) team owns all of the software and infrastructure which powers Amazon's world-class fulfillment engine. In the service of our customers, we are inventing in the areas of materials handling automation, machine vision, robotics, and machine learning. In parallel, we are continuously improving our processes using techniques such as lean, six sigma and kaizen.
At the core of everything we do for our customers is the AFT platform. We own the fundamental data and services which drive our catalog, inventory and labor management systems. These systems underlie everything that we do; tens of millions of items in the catalog, hundreds of millions of items of inventory and billions of transactions a year! Every item that comes into the Fulfillment Center (FC), moves around, and goes out to a customer comes through our systems. This is your chance to make a direct impact to Amazon's core Fulfillment Technologies platform.
We are seeking innovative, intellectually curious, results-oriented software engineers in our AFT Outbound Team. AFT Outbound teams are responsible for packing, shipping and sending the packages to transportation in a highly cost effective way. To meet that challenge, we are working on using robotics, computer vision and RFID technologies to increase speed, reduce defects and to reduce costs. We are developing complex systems to capture data during every step in the automated pipeline and use that data to proactively predict efficiency improvements and cost improvements to deliver the packages fast to our customers. We are building a software platform that involves interacting with material handling equipment(Hardware devices) and large scale software systems to provide deep insights into performance of our Fulfillment centers and fulfillment technology. If you're ready for your next challenge and want to be part of a forward-thinking and cutting-edge development team, then we want to speak with you!
The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies Shipping Team is looking for a highly talented senior software engineer to help build fast, scalable systems for solving problems such as:
- Optimizing shipping processes on our fulfillment centers using computer vision and robotics
- Building fault-tolerant systems that can process billions of requests per day
- Capturing and analyzing data and using that to improve efficiency in real time fulfillment pipeline.
If you are a software engineer with a wide range of skills and interests then we want to talk to you. A successful candidate for this position will be able to build new software from the ground up, create pragmatic solutions for complex business problems, enjoy working closely with operations staff to optimize physical processes, and be willing to occasionally travel to Amazon fulfillment centers around the world.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Fluency in any modern programming language (for example, Java, C#, Ruby, or Python)
- Solid expertise in data structures and algorithms
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as Oracle or DynamoDB
- Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Unix or Linux experience
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies
- Experience with building large scale distributed systems
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in working with big data and data streaming technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, AWS Kinesis
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
-Experience with Amazon Web Services or any other cloud based software development