Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised we would get it to them. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
Our environment is global and complex with a variety of software and systems, including industrial machines and protocols. We are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying machine learning, image processing, and real-time data processing using distributed systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled, experienced software development manager to join a new 'Rapid Prototyping and Integration' team exploring and evaluating new Robotic Work Cells and Automation Machinery performing a range of tasks to expand capacity and throughput of Amazon Fulfilment Centres. You will be managing a team that is writing software and tools that expedite testing, control and integration of a host of new Robotic equipment from a range of vendors.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of software development experience
· 2+ years managing software development teams
· Practical experience of agile methodologies
· Experience working in development team(s) that have delivered commercial software or software-based services
· Development experience in Java, C++ or C
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities
· Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
· Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
· Master’s/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
· 4+ years of managing software development teams
· Experience and knowledge in building software for large scale industrial systems
· Experience and knowledge in controlling and integrating robotics
· Experience of PLC development, embedded / realtime OS development and integration with industrial control systems
· Experiences of using AWS services, Relational Databases, SQL
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet